Despite of what you might be thinking 🤭, my experience flying with Saudia was absolutely fantastic. I flew from:
- Madrid (Spain) to Jeddah (Saudi Arabia).
- Jeddah (Saudi Arabia) to Bengaluru (India).
- Delhi (India) to Jeddah (Saudi Arabia).
- Jeddah (Saudi Arabia) to Madrid (Spain).
I do not fly very often, but this has been my best experience so far. At the moment, Saudia has been my best choice among all the airlines I have flown with (Aeroflot, Alitalia, British Airways, Air France, Virgin America, Air India, Air Asia, Iberia, Iberia Express, Fly Dubai, Emirates and Saudia).
These are my reasons:
- Taking into consideration we are talking about international flights, tickets are affordable for all kind of budgets.
- New, clean and well-equipped aircrafts.
- Good entertainment system with latest movies in several languages and different kinds of international music 🎵 to have a nice flight.
- Comfortable and spacious seats. Furthermore, as Saudi Arabia is not a very common destination, there are many empty seats that you can use to lie down and take a nana nap.
- The meals were very nice even though I am very picky about plane food.
- A++ for the crew, always kind and attentive to all passengers.
- Cool boarding music 🤩 (click here to listen).
The only issue was the 9 h stopover I had to do in Jeddah 😃. The transfer terminal in King Abdulaziz Al Saud International Airport is so small and a little bit uncomfortable (click here to read the related post).
Fun facts during the flight
- Before taking off, a Quraan passage is played in the entertaiment system to request Allah protection for the trip (click here to watch the video). The verses are automatically shown in each single screen.
- Sometimes you find lots of pixels 🤖 in movies due to censored scenes.
- Obviously, they do not sell alcohol during the flight. I do not like alcohol, so it was not a problem for me. However, take this into account before booking a flight with this airline if you like to drink a beer or a glass of whine while flying.